HPE & Microsoft End of Support Programme
With 2.7million physical servers across EMEA still running Windows Server 2003, the end of support for this OS in July 2015 represents a huge opportunity for you to work with your customers in planning migration to a modern platform built on Windows Server 2012 R2. Whilst SMB organisations may currently view this migration as low priority, doing nothing is simply not a realistic option due to 3 key factors.
1. Risk: Windows updates (including security) will no longer be available and Microsoft won’t support virtualised platforms, leading to regulatory issues
2. Cost: Continuing to run WS 2003 will result in high cost custom support agreements, whilst aging physical hardware will be expensive to maintain
3. Complexity: There is no direct upgrade path to Windows 2012 R2 and customers will need to address applications as well as the OS.
Your customers’ migration strategies should ideally follow a process to make the planning and transition from Windows Server 2003/R2 to Windows 2012 as smooth as possible. Help your customers to assess and prepare target workloads and software before choosing the right migration plan, using the following HPE Services:
Planning: Prepare the business and IT environment
- HPE Transformation Workshop for Windows 2003 Migration
- HPE Migration Assessment Service for Windows 2012
- HPE Training Needs Assessment and delivery for IT Staff and end users
Smooth Migration and Speedy Deployment
- HPE Migration Services for Windows Server 2012 (preparation, migration management)
- HPE Deployment Accelerator Service for HPE ConvergedSystems for Microsoft Windows
- HPE Consulting Services for Microsoft (Virtualisation, Private Cloud, Collaboration, BI)
- HPE Proactive Care with Personalised Support Option and Proactive Select Credits
As Microsoft ends support for Windows Server 2003, you can help your customers to assess, plan and implement their migration with the HPE Migration Program. With a proven commitment to supporting multi-vendor IT environments, HPE Technology Services are the clear choice for your customers – offering consultancy, migration and converged support solutions that no other vendor can match.
Running legacy systems also leaves customers unable to take advantage of the latest IT innovations and management tools that focus on future proofing IT infrastructure for maximum returns on investment. Deliver on the New Style of IT with HPE ConvergedSystems and FlexBundle Solutions that help to support virtualisation, cloud and big data initiatives.
Be sure to make your customers aware of the potential benefits of migrating to Windows 2012 R2. For example:
- HPE ProLiant Gen8 and Gen9 Servers for WS 2012 R2 running Microsoft Hyper-V will deliver 70% more compute capacity per watt and deploy servers and updates 3x faster for a 3-month ROI.
- For Microsoft SQL Server 2014, WS2012 delivers 80% performance increase over past generations and 30x faster transaction processing , resulting in 45% lower TCO.
- For servers running MS Exchange, WS2012 will boost productivity and improve data protection with faster performance and restore times, whilst also driving significant storage savings.
- Simply making the move from HPE ProLiant G6 with Windows Server 2003 to HPE ProLiant Gen8 / Gen9 servers with Windows Server 2012 R2, will deliver overall TCO Savings of 43% and power & cooling savings of 92% over 3 years, with payback in just 9 months.
Work with Azlan to help your customers optimise the investments they make in their x86 server environments by using the power of HP's industry-leading automation, expert proactive planning and advice, and rapid problem resolution effectively.